Dr Roger Parrott
Dr. Roger Parrott is the President of Belhaven University in Jackson, Mississippi, one of the fastest and most innovative colleges, serving 10,000 students on nine campuses, plus an online campus in China. Belhaven was named one of “America’s Best Colleges to Work For” by the Chronicle of Higher Education. Roger earned his Ph.D. from the University of Maryland in Higher Education Administration.
Dr.Roger Parrott, is a third-generation College president, and was one of America’s youngest college presidents first elected at age 34. He is currently one of the longest serving college presidents in America having served as president for 30 years.
During his tenure at Belhaven, he has led the University to complete 25 new construction or major renovation projects. During these years the number of full-time faculty has quintupled, undergraduate academic majors have dramatically expanded, innovative delivery and administrative systems were developed, and a general core Christian World View Curriculum was created. Additionally, a graduate school was established, now offering 20 Masters degrees and doctoral level education, and new NCAA sports were added including football.
Over the past two decades Belhaven has become the leading Christian college in the Arts, as only one of only 36 schools in the world earning accreditation in all four of the primary Arts – Theatre, Music, Visual Art, and Dance. Additional Arts majors were added including Creative Writing, Graphic Design, Arts Administration, and Film Production.
Roger has served the broader Church as a member of the Board of Mission America, a coalition of 100 denominations and 750 service ministries who have joined together for cooperative evangelism in America. And he has served for a quarter-century on the Executive Committee of the Lausanne Movement, and was chairman of the 2004 Forum for World Evangelization held in Thailand. His board service has given Roger extensive international experience around the world, with deep University and personal ties to South Korea especially.
He has served on the boards of the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities, the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities, and the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities, and over a dozen local and regional boards for ministries and non-profit organizations.
His wife, MaryLou, earned her PhD in English and teaches Literature at Belhaven. He was raised in the Pacific Northwest, educated on the East Coast, worked in the Midwest for over a decade, and has now been in leadership in the South for over two decades.
He is the author a book articulating his leadership philosophy – The Longview: Lasting Strategies for Rising Leaders. www.thelongview.info He has served as consultant for leaders and boards of nearly 100 different ministries and denominations
1. Executive Leadership
2. Change Management
4. Ministry and NGO Boards/CEOs
5. Complex Employee Challenges
6. Employee Productivity
7. Managing Corporate Culture
8. Global Partnership
Possible Speaking Topics
1. Leading for Change: And Living to Tell the Story
2. Moving Every Employee to the Next Level
3. Hidden Keys to Dramatically Changing Organizational Culture
4. Planning Will Drain the Life from your Ministry
5. Overcoming the Occupational Hazards of Leadership
6. Policies are for Cowards: Creating a Culture of Ownership
7. Leadership Turned Backwards: Lead As If You’ll Be There Forever
8. Shepherding a Vision Without Scaring Away the Flock
9. Building a Winning Team: Evaluation and Accountability
10. The Gorilla in the Room: Deflate your Ego to Expand Your Influence
11. Slaying the Giants That Hold You Back from Success
12. Finally – a Fund Raising Plan that Will Work
13. Motivating Donors : Motivating Askers
14. Ten Topics Board Wish They Could Discuss With their CEO and Ten Topics CEOs Wish They Could Discuss With Their Board.